kindom musings

Thoughts and musings from a pastor in the peace tradition. Perspectives come from a progressive, justice-minded, feminist position. Responses are welcome.

Name:
Location: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States

I am a Church of the Brethren pastor in my thirties. While I love what I do, I started out with plans to be a veterinarian. God has a great sense of humor, and I wound up in ministry instead. However, my sojourn into veterinary science did make me a vegetarian with a love of animals. (We have two cats and a dog at home -- only a small petting zoo!) My husband is also ordained, and we have a son (LB) and a daughter (KB). My husband keeps me up to date on baseball trivia, and my children keep me giggling. All in all, it makes for a well-rounded life. I was born in Pennsylvania, moved several times for school and work, and have recently returned to my home state. On the Myers-Briggs scale, I'm an INFP.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

A pastor's 23rd psalm (in the midst of sermon-writing)

O God, you are my inspiration, I shall not be overwhelmed.
You remind me to breathe, to immerse myself in devotions;
You silence phones and distractions;
you remind me of my call.
You lead me to resources with illustations that are true to
your words.

Yea, though I groan under the weight of exegesis,
I will not be dismayed,
For even here your presence is felt.
Good music and good laughter, they lighten my spirits.

Meaningful worship planning and excellent volunteers are welcome;
they cast out anxieties of unfinished bulletins and loose ends.
You fill me with blessings and I rejoice in the wonders of ministry.
Surely words and silence will play in my head throughout my life,
and I will learn to trust in Your bountiful spirit as long as I live.

3 Comments:

Blogger Theresa Coleman said...

Cool! Nice to meet you! I have a good friend who is Church of the Brethren from seminary. Welcome to the ring!

8/25/2006 5:15 PM  
Blogger April said...

O lovely!! I found your blog through the revgal ring. I'm a Disciples of Christ pastor in northern Illinois. I should pray this prayer every week -- maybe even several times!! Thanks!

8/30/2006 9:39 AM  
Blogger Pink Shoes said...

This is perfect. Absolutely perfect!

8/31/2006 10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home